In 1970 the Israeli Air Force took a page from Colonel Robin Olds’ 1967 Vietnam War Operation Bolo, luring Soviet-flown MiG-21s into air combat and shooting down five.Read on
- Why Were Australian Vietnam Veterans Treated Shamefully?
- The ‘Swedish K’ Submachine Gun: A Favorite of US Special Forces
- How Volunteer Soldiers Blocked Robert E. Lee — By Burning the World’s Longest Covered Bridge
- From Blurring Imperfections to Falsifying Reality: How Stalin Made the Truth Disappear Through ‘Photoshop’
- Texas Ranger Wonder Gun: Broomhandle Mauser C96
We will have no truce or parley with you, or the grisly gang who do your wicked will. You do your worst — and we will do our best.Winston Churchill
Weapons & Gear
Recommended for you In the summer and fall of 1967, the 4th Battalion, 11th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, equipped with the M109 howitzer, was firing almost daily at North…Keep reading
this week in history
Heroes and Personalities
Sandy Barnard portrays a far more complex figure than the controversial Indian fighter who died at the Little BighornKeep reading
The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising: Hopeless Odds and Indomitable Spirits
In the midst of despair the Warsaw ghetto resistance fighters found hope in their own courage against overwhelming odds and the cruelest of enemies.
Our 9 best-selling history titles feature in-depth storytelling and iconic imagery to engage and inform on the people, the wars, and the events that shaped America and the world. Sale! Save $7.99 on your subscription today!