- This Confederate Officer Couldn’t Go To War Without His One-Gallon Whiskey Jug
- New Study Looks at a Grim Mission: Bringing WWII’s Dead Back Home
- The Hidden Battlefield Where Black Troops Avenged Fallen Comrades — and Earned the Medal of Honor
- Kharkiv Is No Stranger To Invasion—The Nazis Fought Four Battles Over It
- This Minor Sea Battle in Hudson Bay Handed North America to France — For a Time
We will have no truce or parley with you, or the grisly gang who do your wicked will. You do your worst — and we will do our best.Winston Churchill
President George Washington happily agreed to Congress’ request for a national day of thanksgiving in 1789. His opponents declared that he’d overstepped his constitutional bounds.
Weapons & Gear
this week in history
THE NAVY LET CHER PERFORM ON THE USS MISSOURI IN 1989. IT’S REGRETTED IT EVER SINCE.
Bet the Navy wishes it could “Turn Back Time” on this decision.
Our 9 best-selling history titles feature in-depth storytelling and iconic imagery to engage and inform on the people, the wars, and the events that shaped America and the world.